Saturday 4 August 2007

Books I read in July

Total: 10 books

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (J.K. Rowling)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (J.K. Rowling)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (J.K. Rowling)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (J.K. Rowling)
Anna and the Black Knight (Fynn)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (J.K. Rowling)
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (J.K. Rowling)
Travels With My Aunt (Graham Greene)
The Naked Ape (Desmond Morris)
The Last Testament (Sam Bourne)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (30/07). It's all over! No more Harry Potter! I managed to read this all before someone revealed the plot which I was rather pleased about. It's good, much like all the others. I shall probably pass on my hardback copy but look to pick it up again in paperback.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (22/07), Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (23/07), Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (24/07) and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (25/07) were all rereads following the release of the final book. Much like the first two, I really enjoyed reading these again and was surprised how much of the more recent book plots I had actually forgotten. Now I finally own them all I shan't be getting rid of these.

Anna and the Black Knight (19/07) was something I got so desperate to read I ordered it from Borders Oxford Street especially. It's a follow-on (not really a sequel) from Mister God, This is Anna. I think I preferred Mister God, This is Anna but this was a good little book and it shall join the other one on my many bookshelves of keeping.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (17/07) and Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (16/06) were both rereads and read in a day. I read these on my way home from work in preparation for the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on the 21st. I was surprised at how good these were; in all the crazy mania that surrounds the series I had forgotten.

I read Travels With My Aunt on the 13th during the same trip as The Naked Ape. This was the result of a swap with rachelsparks (UK) for the rather awful Conversations With God (Book Two). I wasn't that interested in acquiring this book but it turned out to be a really good chance decision. I enjoyed reading this a lot. It'll be back on the swapping sites when I have finished moving myself across the country.

My first real holiday in ages came in July (Llangollen Canal with Graham and his parents) but I did a surprisingly small amount of reading. The first of the two books I finished, The Naked Ape (11/07) was bought from Borders Oxford Street after reading The Naked Woman also by Desmond Morris. It's very similar to the other - showing man from a zoologists perspective. I enjoyed this just as much as The Naked Woman and will be hanging on to it.

My first book finished in July, I reached the end of The Last Testament on 04/07 after reading the last few chapters lounging around in the evening after work. The book is another The Da Vinici Code lookalike. It's by the same author as The Righteous Men (another similar book) which I quite enjoyed. I bought this from Tesco, Whaley Bridge during my weekend in Derbyshire with Graham. As I said in June, there are a lot of books in this style which are all pretty good and that's true of this book. I didn't find the story as original as that of The Righteous Men but it's a good read. To save my shelves filling up with a mass of similar books I won't be hanging onto this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...