Wednesday 30 July 2008

Books I Read in July

Total: 5 books.

The Reader (Bernhard Schlink)
Going Out (Scarlett Thomas)
Addition (Toni Jordan)
The WAG's Diary (Alison Kervin)
Sepulchre (Kate Mosse)

The Reader (17/07) was a reread. I think I may have read this a few times but I tend to forget I've read it when I see it on my shelf. I really should remember and put it onto BookMooch.

I acquired Going Out (16/07) from BookMooch after reading The End of Mr Y ('reviewed' here), this wasn't as good as that.

Bought at the same time as Nikita Lalwani's Gifted (as yet unread), I quite liked Addition (14/07), it wasn't quite as 'The Curious Incident'-y as I expected.

The WAG's Diary (11/07) was, as expected, not that great - it was a freebie with a magazine (probably Glamour). Made some Moocher happy when I mailed it as it was wishlisted.

I've been waiting for Sepulchre in paperback for ages! Bought it at Manchester Piccadilly (the upper WH Smith) and read this in early July. I liked this at least as much as Labyrinth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...