Friday 31 October 2008

Books I read in October

Total: 7 books.

Eric (Terry Pratchett)
If You Could See Me Now (Cecelia Ahern)
Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
The Almost Moon (Alice Sebold)
Pyramids (Terry Pratchett)
The Boy Who Loved Anne Frank (Ellen Feldman)
So You're 50! (Mike Haskins & Clive Whichelow)

Another hospital read (28/10): If You Could See Me Now arrived from Rachel Bignall (UK) via. BookMooch at just the right time. A nice light read, much like the last book I read by this author (and much better than the last memorable one!).

Having landed myself a spell in hospital I've managed to read not one, but three Discworld this month. Guards! Guards! (27/10) and Eric (29/10) actually mean I've managed to read enough of these books to be almost back on track (just one behind I think). Also Guards! Guards! features on the BBC Top 100 book list taking me to 45.

Didn't know Alice Sebold had another book out so felt the need to buy The Almost Moon urgently in Sainsburys :) Read whilst poorly at home (21/10). Slightly different feel to her other books I thought, perhaps a little more like Sophie Hannah but not quite. Anyway, I enjoyed this but am sending it on to emma (UK) via BookMooch.

Finally read my Terry Pratchett, Pyramids (14/10) for July August last month this month, oops! Posted a teaser mid-read too. Not sure I got into this one as much as the last and some of that whole time/dimensions/right angles stuff confused my head! Still, maybe I'll get back on track with these again now :)

I bought The Boy Who Loved Anne Frank from Waterstones in Lancaster before heading to Liverpool to travel to Surrey, Waterstones has supplied a 20% off voucher for my birthday month so I felt obliged to buy some things. Not sure quite what I made of this book, it was an interesting idea but I felt like maybe I hadn't got as deep into it as I would have liked by the end. Ah well.

So You're 50! (04/10) truely counts as a book but then I guess if Snoopy does then it's no worse :) I'm not 50 and I can't see that the quips in the book would be any more funny if I were, but never mind.

---

In case you're wondering, I've still not finished Starbook. It seems a slightly more difficult read than some, perhaps the third person writing style?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...