Thursday 21 May 2009

More knitting

Bit of a knit-tastic week :)

Having decided to frequent Natural Stitches as much a possible. Monday and Tuesday were my first yarn buying adventures. Over the weekend I spent some time checking out scarves on Ravelry, determined to find something sufficiently summery in the hope that I might finish it before I leave. And so, I settled upon this. Pattern chosen, and so on Monday I explored as much of the yarn at Natural Stitches as I could possibly take in and settled upon Kraemer's "Sterling Silk and Silver" (63% Superwash Merino, 20% Silk, 15% Nylon and 2% Silver) in Heavenly Blue. I was also really keen on the Imperial Blues but they seemed a little less summer. I'll have to find something else to do with this yarn before I buy some in that colourway :)

Starting the scarf was a bit painful. I think I must have cast on this project eight times before my fingers got the hang of it and I stopped making stupid mistakes. As of this morning I've completed sixteen rows.


But that's not all... nope! When browsing the 40% off section of Natural Stitches, I spotted Kollage's "Delicious", some hanks in a really nice turquoise blue and some in a turquoise/pink multiway. So, when I got home I logged into Ravelry and had a look to see what people had done with this stuff. Variety of things, but by far the most appealing was the ever-popular Clapotis. Tuesday evening came, and I found myself 7 hanks of the pink/turquoise colourway, named"Shock".


I'm still really tempted to buy the plain turquoise though... so many pretty yarns, not nearly enough time to knit them.

I think I've settled on 6mm needles for the Clapotis - so might cast that on tonight? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...