Saturday 5 December 2009

WIP: First Fair Isle

The Fair Isle is now progressing quite nicely, it's recognisable as a mitten (which is what it's supposed to be). Since the following photo was taken, I've finished the thumb off on this first one and knitted the cuff of the second. Just working on the welt at the top of the cuff.


It's not terrible for a first go at colourwork, I'm not totally thrilled by the project but at least I've tried. Next time I see a colourwork project it might not get ruled out straight away... itching to start something new though, something with lace and/or cables. Go go go!!

STOP.

Finish projects first!

:s

I am being quite a good girl really. I've STILL not cast on the Damson for the Damson KAL which started on November 16th, instead I've finished two whole projects! After this one I think I will be allowed to start it (plus the stuff for the Duke's production of It Snows - they want knitted scenery, props and costumes!)

Also, this is a Christmas project for someone so I really ought to get it finished :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Thanks for entering my little contest! I just love your mittens- what a great first fair isle project. You will be amazed at what a little blocking will do for a fair isle project. I made the fiddlehead mittens- and was so disappointed at the cast off. They were so wonky and not attractive at all! Thanks to a little bath and a tug here and there- and they were beautiful!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...