Wednesday 29 August 2012

WIP Wednesday: River Socks

For a while I was committed to, and focussed on, finishing projects... and then I started these:



A simple top-down sock in DK weight yarn. I've had the yarn and pattern in a project bag for about two years now, it deserved to finally get made. It's a DK weight sock, my first. I'm not totally sure there's a call for too many chunky pairs of socks, but I won't know until I've tried it. The pattern is simple and very effective.

Pattern: Kalajoki by Tiina Seppälä
Yarn: Stylecraft Luxury Merino DK in colourway Cornflower

For other Wednesday WIPs, try Tami's WIP Wednesday link party.

6 comments:

  1. Love that pattern!
    I think I already have it in my queue, if not it's getting in there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pattern! I made a pair of socks using it last year! They are some of my favs! I don't know that a girl can have too many pairs of chunky socks, especially with boot season on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pattern has been in my queue for ages; I think I'd better make it soon because I love the look of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. I've never made DK socks, but might have to start now I'm moving oop north!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pattern looks lovely in that color!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...