Tuesday 8 January 2013

FO Angostura

If you knit enough projects there will always be some that don't work out. This project was one of those. I first swatched for this in 2011 and, over that Christmas break, I knit the back. It was too big.

A year later I redid my swatching and restarted, this time the back looked about perfect when blocked and so it was on to the front. I finished up the seaming over the 2012 Christmas break, and here it is:


I don't yet seem to have found the perfect items to layer underneath it but I'm pretty happy nonetheless.

The yarn is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes and I spent a LOT of time worrying that the slight fuzziness meant that the stitch pattern wouldn't show -- I'm pleased to be proved wrong.

Pattern: Angostura by Ysolda Teague.
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in colorway Grass.
Mods: None.
Project: online at Ravelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...