Tuesday 25 February 2014

Getting Over Excited

I love to plan things for myself to do. My expectations often seem to go beyond what I'm likely to achieve, but in my mind I'm a whirlwind of activity bouncing from one thing to the next.

Here's what's on my mental projects list right now...


Geocaching

  • Get out and find some things -- aim to beat current number of consecutive days caching.

Knitting (and other fibre-related activity)

  • Fix the hood on my Paulie so I can finish that garment.
  • Start a Pippin
  • Gradually progress the Riff scarf I've started.
  • Crochet a ripple blanket
  • Spin up that sample I planned to finish in January
  • Weave a scarf
Sewing

Inspired by the Great British Sewing Bee (I loved the first series), I've been making a gradual move towards learning to sew. Of course I don't want to start with cushions and aprons so I've been plotting an assortment of (mostly) garments and now have a mini stash of fabric for the following.
  • Circle headphone bag. The only thing I have lined up that's not clothing. I've bought a few blue fat quarters and a matching zip to give this a go.
  • PJ shorts (started in the summer). My first draft barely fit over my bum so need some modification. Once I've figured that out I have the nicer fabric I bought to sort a good set. Perfect for February... or not :)
  • Miette skirt. I have a lovely pink linen blend for this, plus some purple bias binding to have a go at some details like those on this version. Again a summer plan largely forgotten until now.
  • Wrap round trousers. I have a pair of these that I bought in London and are perfect for the very rare warm days we get here in the UK. The pair I have aren't a great colour though, so I've bought some practically coloured brown linen to have a go at crafting my own. By the time I get round to them it's bound to be a summer again, right?
  • Another skirt. I'd forgotten about this one :(
  • After resisting for a while I then bought another Tilly pattern, Coco and last week ordered fabric for two such tops. Every autumn/winter I somehow have a desperate lack of long sleeved tops and so I've convinced myself that these purchases will help me stay warm.
  • Trixie Lixie knickers. Eskimimi featured these on her blog last week and so I ended up with a kit to make my own spotty undies.
Phew!

Reading
Life
  • Make my house presentable. I should totally do this.
  • Make my own lunches. This used to be the default but recently I've been too lazy/busy and things have slipped.
  • Do my German homework each week, starting today.
  • Think about learning to play the Ukelele some more... this always leads to me thinking about joining a Choir again or getting some singing lessons or something.

Where should I start?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...